Operating Weight: 44,428 lb;
Standard Bucket Capacity: 4.6 cubic yds;
Maximum Engine Power: 258 HP
A quantum leap in power, productivity, efficiency, comfort, ease of use and safety. As such, it’s an investment that’s sure to prove a great business decision for you and your business.
- The MTU 6R1000 470 cubic inch (7.7 Liter) engine fitted to the new JCB 457 produces a substantial 258hp of power, not to mention 848 lb-ft of torque.
- Powerful twin variable displacement piston pump hydraulics can circulate a massive 81 gallons/ min for fast cycle times and excellent multifunctioning capability.
- Specify your perfect loader arm: Z-bar linkage (ZX) for high breakout applications or high torque (HT) for parallel lifting and multi attachment work.
- A smooth 4-speed transmission is fitted as standard, while an optional 5-speed unit makes operation even more slick, with closer gear ratios for improved acceleration, hill climbing and roading performance. The 5-speed gearbox also has torque convertor lock-up to eliminate losses, allowing faster cycle times and improved efficiency.
- Controlling the loader is now easier than ever – all of the controls are seat-mounted. Select the control system that’s best for your operator; we offer single lever joystick or multi-lever configurations, both fully electro-hydraulic.
- Air conditioning is a standard feature and there’s also the option of automatic climate control to create perfect working temperatures.
- Most Tier 4 Final engines use a costly Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) that can require replacement at the expense of both money and time. The MTU engine is DPF-free, reducing your servicing and running costs.