JCB 542-70 Agri Telescopic Handler
Get A Quote
Introducing the new 542-70, part of the JCB agricultural telehandler lineup. On top of being the world’s No.1 telescopic handler with our hydraulics, drive train, and increased productivity – our best cab ever.
OUR BEST CAB EVER.
- Visibility has never been better, with new seamless one-piece, multi curved glazing that increases front visibility by 14%.
- The Command Driving Position, offers superior right hand side and rearward visibility over JCB’s low boom pivot point and unique sloping bonnet design.
- Automatic temperature and climate control ensures that fresh or recirculated air keeps the operator at a comfortable temperature throughout the day.
- Designed specifically for the agricultural industry, pressed panels and custom door seals ensure that noise within the cab is now 50% lower.
- For ergonomic, fast and precise control, AGRI Loadalls are fitted with a control pod affixed to the right hand arm rest. The new switch pack and rotary dial placement ensure that all important functional controls are close to the operator.
- A new adjustable, slim line, 7“ screen with rotary controller allows for simple, clear access to operational information.
- A 60% increase in storage gives you seven specific storage areas catering for items such as a removable storage bin, cup holder with external one-way drain, net pocket and many more.
Designed To Meet Agricultural Demands, Our Latest Agri Loadalls Offer Increased Lifting Performance Along With Superlative Performance And Versatility.
- JCB’s auto bucket control technology makes it easier to meter out or fully empty material from your bucket or manure fork via a feature button on the joystick. Material is ejected quickly and in a controlled way.
- Four Wheel Drive (4WD) is standard, so traction is assured at all times. Two Wheel Drive (2WD) is available at the press of a button too, minimising tire wear and fuel use when roading.
- A JCB AGRI Loadall is extremely maneuverable; the compact wheelbase and large steering lock angles save you valuable time on the farm, especially where space is limited.
- Joystick-mounted manual gear changes means you can shift gears, speed and direction quickly and easily with one simple control.
- High flow pipework gives greater flow to the boom, ideally suited to attachments demanding high flow such as silage defacers and straw spreaders.
We Understand That Agricultural Work Can Be Long And Hard Which Is Why Our Agri Loadalls Are Built To Be As Tough As Possible, Using Top Quality Components And Innovative Manufacturing Processes. This Ensures You Can Expect A Long And Productive Service Life From Your Machine.
- Ultimate strength and durability is assured with large boom overlaps of over 1m. Hydraulic hoses can be vulnerable to damage, so ours are routed through the boom for maximum protection.
- The one-piece fully welded chassis maximises strength and minimises weight. For greater structural rigidity, the boom on an AGRI Loadall is mounted low in the chassis. This guarantees superior over-the shoulder visibility.
- Heavy-duty axle feet help to absorb the immense stresses generated during continuous heavy loading.
- At JCB, we make our own hydraulic cylinders, cabs, booms, chassis, axles, transmissions and engines – all designed to work in perfect harmony for optimum reliability.
STANDARD MACHINE FEATURES
|JCB 542-70 Specs|
|AGRI / AGRI Plus||JCB Powershift transmission incorporating torque converter, bevel box and a 4 speed Powershift gearbox in one resiliently mounted unit. Operating modes: Manual gear shift incorporated onto the single lever joystick with 4 forward and 4 reverse Powershift gears. Travel speed: 20 mph. Electrical 2/4 wheel drive disconnect. Switchable transmission disconnect on brake pedal.|
|Axles AGRI / AGRI Plus / AGRI Super||Front and rear drive: JCB epicyclic hub reduction drive/steer axles with Max-Trac torque proportioning differentials. (LSD option). When 2WD front axle drive.|
|Service brakes||Hydraulically activated, self-adjusting, oil-immersed in-board high back-off multi-disc type on front axle. Hydraulically powered service brakes on all model variants.|
|Parking brake||SAHR (Spring Applied Hydraulic Release) park brake.|
|Trailer brakes||Twin line hydraulic trailer brakes and electronically controlled braking system.|
|Steering||Hydrostatic power steering with power track rods on both axles, 3x steering modes: two wheel steer, four wheel steer, crab steer.|
|Hydraulic Controls||Single lever servo joystick, incorporating forward/neutral/reverse, with progressive extend/retract and auxiliary incorporating adjustable constant flow facility.|
|Boom and Carriage||Boom is manufactured from high tensile steel. JCB Q-fit self-levelling carriage with lever operated pin locking accepts pallet forks and a wide range of attachments.|
|Deluxe Cab||Quiet, safe and comfortable cab conforms to ROPS ISO 3471 and FOPS ISO 3449. Tinted glass all round with laminated front and roof screen. Roof bars, front, rear and roof screen wash/wipe and heater/screen demister. Opening rear window. Single integrated front and roof screen blind. Audio-visual warning system for coolant temperature, water in fuel, engine oil pressure, air cleaner, battery charge, transmission oil temperature and pressure. Hourmeter and road speed indicator. Engine temperature, fuel gauge DEF gauge and clock. Radio ready kit. Adjustable steer column with stalk bar forward reverse shuttle. Automatic eye level audio-visual load moment indicator warning system receiving a signal from a load sensor on the rear axle. This system continuously monitors the machine’s forward stability and leaves the operator in control at all times.|
|JCB 542-70 Engine Specs|
|Emissions level||Tier 4 Final / Stage IV|
|After treatment||SCR & DEF|
|Power @ 2200rpm (hp)||109 / 125 / 145|
|Torque @ 1500rpm (foot-pounds)||381 / 406 / 413|
|JCB 542-70 Hydraulics Specs|
|Operating system pressure (bar)||260|
|Main hydraulics (gal/min)||37|
|Pump type||Variable Displacement|