Sunflower Chisel Plows
Fort Collins: (970) 221-5296
Keenesburg: (303) 732-4321
Get A Quote
Sunflower Chisel Plows 2510 and 2530
Sunflower chisel plows help to break up shallow to mid-level compaction and the resulting clods, for better water management and reduced root resistance. They have the design, balance and load tolerance to keep the tool in the ground at a set depth. The shank spacing is close enough to ensure full shatter and the frame design and shank placement allows for clear flow of material while discouraging build-up. Finally, Sunflower chisel plow offer the finishing attachments that break up clods and level the surface.
2510 Chisel Plows: Uniform And Consistent
Working Widths From 13′ To 17′
The Sunflower 2510 delivers a uniform and consistent result by using one of two shank options: a 650 pound or 1,000 pound point load, with 12- or 15-inch shank spacing.
• The tool stays balanced with walking tandems at all wheel lift locations.
• Shank depth control is precise across the width of the tool.
2530 Chisel Plows: For Tough And Compacted Fields
Working Widths From 19′ To 47′
The Sunflower 2530 is the largest chisel plow we build. Its high performance is due to the heavy-duty, 4 x 4-inch all-welded 140-inch-deep frame to maintain shank and point position, affording exceptional material flow-through.
• The 2530 Series features walking tandems at all wheel locations, providing frame stability. That stability maintains the frame height to keep the chisel points at a set depth no matter how rolling the terrain may be.
• The level-lift tongue comes as standard equipment, while the ground contour–following floating-hitch frame configuration is available as optional equipment.
|Model||Working Width ft||Transport Width ft||Transport Height ft||Weight lbs||Power Requirements|
|2510 Chisel Plows||13′ to 17′||13′ 6″ to 17′ 1″||6′ 8″||6,289 to 7,456||10 to 15 hp per shank|
|2530 Chisel Plows||19′ to 47′||14′ 1″ to 19′ 2″||9′ 9″ to 16′ 6″||8,652 to 19,350||10 to 15 hp per shank|
- Walking Tandems Walking tandems are available on all models 30 feet and larger, allowing the machine to follow ground contouring precisely, maintaining a consistent shank depth and soil shatter. The walking tandem pivots on a set of greaseable tapered roller bearings for smooth, long-lasting service. Zerk-equipped six-bolt hubs and heavy-duty 2-inch slip-in spindles feature triple-lip seals.
- Rephasing Hydraulic-Lift System with Single-Point Depth Control The rephasing hydraulic-lift system features two 4 x 8-inch cylinders with hydraulic stroke control and matching 3 3/4 x 8-inch slave cylinders.
- Spring-Cushion Shanks Spring-cushion shanks are available in two pressure settings (650 and 1000 pounds) to handle all types of chiseling and have 11 inches of vertical travel to clear obstructions. The edge-bent shanks feature 30 inches (1000 pounds) or 32 inches (650 pounds) of under-frame clearance and measure 1 1/4 x 2 inches.
- Adjustable Hitch Ratchet-jack adjustment allows easy and precise leveling of the frame from front to rear.