Woods CSS48 Compact Seeder
Get A Quote
The CSS48 has a working width of 48 inches and can be pulled behind a 15- to 25-horsepower tractor, and is compatible with Cat 1 and Limited Cat 1 trailer hitches.
- Productivity – Simultaneously plant two seed types at two different depths in one pass.
- Precision Metering – Precisely measure out seeds, reducing waste, plus enjoy the durability of metal (not plastic) meters.
- Versatility – Handle a wide range of seeds from Black-eyed Susan to corn.
- Maneuverability – Easily weave into narrow spaces and make tight turns to plant areas that may not be accessible with a larger tractor and planter.
- Durability – Expect years of work from a rugged, Grade 80 steel body.
- The calibration system includes seed charts, a calibration tray and crank for accurate seed rates.
- Windowed seed cups and clear PVC tubes allow you to easily monitor the flow of seeds.
- A quick and easy disconnect – pull a pin and one or both seed boxes stop to make it a tilling tool for preparing the ground. Till your seed bed, then replace the pin and engage the seeding function for a final pass.
|Woods CSS48 Compact Seeder Specs|
|Tractor Engine HP||15-35 hp|
|Tractor hitch||CAT 1/limited CAT 1|
|Drive type||ground-driven spiked roller|
|Number of seed boxes available||1 or 2|
|Seed metering||6 seed cups|
|Seed box ratio||4:1 or 11.3:1|
|Cool Season Seed Box with Agitator||standard|
|Cool Season Seed Box Capacity (bushel)||1|
|Legume seed box||optional|
|Legume seed box capacity (bushel)||1|
|Front Tool Choices||6 – 16″ notched disc blades or spiked roller|
|Spring-loaded Trailing Cultipacker||optional|
|Speed Ranges||turf seed range 0-700 lbs/acre (cool season);|
|food plot range 0-30 lbs/acre (legume)|
|Options||fast/slow chain drive, Quick Hitch bushings, mud scrapers, seed stop plates, highway lights, tow kit|
|ASABE Quick Hitch Compatible||add hitch pin bushings to make CAT 1 quick-hitch compatible|